The vision of Social Affairs is to achieve the highest personal and professional standards also to create an individualized student-focused path for success through active engagement.
The mission of the Division of Social Affairs at Somali National University is to establishing Good Relationship between the SNU and Other Local Partners also to promote student success, personal and professional development through collaborative, holistic, inclusive experiences and environments.
Job Description Social Affairs
- Plan, develop and implement student life programming that will improve student life and facilitate the student educational experience.
- Plans and arranges social, cultural, and recreational activities of various student groups, according to university policies and regulations: Meets with student and faculty groups to plan activities.
- Schedules events to prevent overlapping and coordinates activities with sports and other university programs.
- Promotes student participation in social, cultural, and recreational activities.
- May provide individual or group counseling on selection of social activities and use of leisure time.
- Conducts orientation program for new students with other members of faculty and staff.
- May became active member, Organize and manages activities for university like: (Graduation Ceremony & University day and others).
- Oversee the operating budgets areas within student life.
- Advises student groups on financial status of and methods for improving their organizations.
- Monitoring and directing the student association in university
- Student compliance financially or nonfinancial compliance, report to the appropriate office and solve their problems.
- Provides various range of platform for students of diverse interests to express their talents, creativity and skills in various extra-curricular activities through clubs and societies/associations. Students’ participation is voluntary in nature and they do not gain any academic credited.
- Administer the Student Conduct Code and its associated policies and serve as a Judicial Hearing Officer.
- Seminars and deputies for the students.
- Cultural Week program.
- Gardening SNU campuses.
- Graduation Ceremony.
- Higher Education Conference.
- Holly Quran Competition.
- Public hygiene of SNU.
- Election of student club.
- Social welfare Activities.
- Sports Cup for Faculties.